Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Running a G5 processor cool in an eMac will be MUCH EASIER than an iMac.

Loads of space inside around the CRT and loads of space for ventilation grilles around the CRT.

And as Apple are unlikly improve the system bus to iMac/PM levels this will help to keep heat down.

andypress

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
foofan said:
Has there ever been a time when Steve Jobs discusses emac sales? I wonder what they are and if they are significant. If they can sell and make more money with the mac mini, I don't see why they would continue with the heavy.

The emac is the oldest and weighs 55 pounds.
Imac G5 is 4 months old and is 18 pounds
Mac mini is just 7 pounds.

What do you think a desktop user would rather have around the house?
The mac mini is even lighet than that....2.9lbs.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
I don't think there will be a G5 eMac before the G5 Powerbook. Although they are separate product lines, Apple wouldn't want to make their bare-bones desktop/monitor combo (eMac) faster than their other, more expensive products. If the eMac survives long enough, I wouldn't expect to see a G5 in it for at least a year. Just my amateur guess, worth all you paid for it.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like nothing new in the eMac or PB line today. What time of day would they normally be updated?

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
UK or US time?

Normally speaking we have to wait till you lot wake up to get an update which means early/late afternoon for us.

Steve wanted the Mini and the Shuffle to have the most PR so thats probably why we didn't see any upgrades (eMac, PM or PB).

Got to have something new, boring not moaning about new Mac kit :p !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.