Hmmm... iPod Touch or iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Owrenge, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Owrenge macrumors newbie

hey macrumors!!
    i got a problem, i want the new ipod touch 5 but i also want a new phone! (old phone cracked) so what should i buy?? any suggestions?
    if i choose phone, whats more better? galaxy s3 or the iphone 5???

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you need a new phone anyway, and you can afford the data plan that comes with smartphones, then there's no reason to get the touch -- the iPhone does everything a touch does, and more. Have no idea about the galaxy, try the "alternatives to iOS devices" subforum.

3. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

They're both good phones and no one could tell you what would be better for you. Try them both and see what you think. Although if you are wanting an iPod anyway buying the iPhone would reduce the amount of gadgets to carry!

4. theluggage macrumors 68030

Things to consider:

How do you feel about having your phone and media player/games machine combined? Pro: only one gizmo to carry. Con: On a long trip, if you use up the battery playing music, videos and games, you could end up looking for a phone box in the rain.

Do you need GPS? No built-in GPS in iPod as far as I know.

Tempted at all by an iPad? An iPhone, iPad and iPod touch seems like carelessness.

How much have you spent on iTunes/iBooks media or iOS Apps? Have you committed to iCloud or iTunes Match? Reasons for staying with Apple. Personally, I've stuck with MP3s and rips, use Google/Dropbox for cross-platform syncing, and Kindle (readers on everything) for books, so I've been ok with Macs, iPads + Android phone.