Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
It was updating and it stopped progressing. I tried stopping it, but that didn't work. Then I tried quitting, that didn't work either. What should I do, restart?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Not cool. :(

Were you running other apps at the same time? I guess I'd try a restart and see how things go. Half finished updates are terribly uncool. :eek:

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
mad jew said:
Not cool. :(

Were you running other apps at the same time? I guess I'd try a restart and see how things go. Half finished updates are terribly uncool. :eek:

Hmm... It was updating the Security too. I'm goin to restart. :(

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, I'm guessing it was the iTunes and iPhoto updates too. I'm not so worried about them because they're easily fixed but hopefully this unfinished security update won't be a problem. Do you know how far along it got?

Maybe try a manual security update reinstall.

Intel version
PPC version

:)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Hey thanks guys. I think I know what caused the problem. iTunes update was right after, and I guess the little message that usually says "you need to quit iTunes before updating" didn't show up. So when I went to restart, I quit iTunes, and then the update started again. :rolleyes: Phew... I thought somethin was wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.