Hmmm, time to sell iPad 2..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gix1k, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Could still get a pretty good amount for it before the iPad 3 comes out. I must have it. Wondering if I can go w/out this thing for a while until release..I don't even use laptop anymore.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

you use the ipad2 a lot. but, you are going to sell it so you can wait for a device that might come out in spring 2012? i guess if that makes sense to you, then go for it!

3. Reddmanz macrumors regular

Its only a 6 month old device. Why don't you try and just enjoy owning it rather than selling it just so you know you can have the next one which has no real launch date.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

you did here the latest that manufactures can't make enough retina displays for the IPad 3. It's expected to be delayed till late winter early spring. Of course that's a rumor.

5. macse30 macrumors regular

macse30

I'll buy it from you at the price you paid and rent it back to you for only $25 a week until the 3 comes out.

6. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Meh, you're going to be waiting awhile!

I am still enjoying the iPad 1. I don't think I will ever sell it. Just like I won't ever sell my the first iPhone. :p

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What makes you think that Apple will be ready to release a new iPad just 6 months after releasing the iPad 2 (a product that is still flying off shelves), but waited 15-16 months after releasing the iPhone 4 to release the next version.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

You're right the wait for iPad 3 is likely to be long. Now that we know it's going to be a hi-res display that could cause quite a delay.

I have my original iPad and iPad 2, I prefer the original by a wide margin.

I'm glad I kept it.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It will be six or so months.

We don't know anything of the sort.

10. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

Why do you prefer the original to the iPad2? I have the original and am very satisfied with it, but I'd love to know why I can stop lusting after the newer model.

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The iPad 2 isn't flying off the shelves in my town. BestBuy and Target both have a case full of them. Target clerks figure everyone that wanted one already has one.

12. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Why?
    Seriously.
    As an iPad 1 owner with iPad 2 lust myself -- what are the weak points of the 2 that make the 1 your preference?

13. Alphaforcex macrumors member

Yeah, enlighten us pls. I have the original iPad and I always grab my wife's ipad2 whenever I have the chance. In fact, I am typing on her iPad2 right now. The only thing that I can really think of is the original apple case over the smart cover. I couldn't think of anything else. :rolleyes:

14. anfrice macrumors newbie

I have had an iPad2 for about a month now and I think its awesome...
    Its one of those things that before I purchased it, I thought i would never use it as i have an iPhone but I can't put the dam thing down.
    In terms on selling it to upgrade to the "3"..... They don't even have a release date yet and rumour has it that Apple has made a whole heap of "2"s for xmas so this tells me you'll be waiting till next year buddy...

15. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Yes! Sell it! Do it tomorrow. Then post multiple threads asking when the next iPad is due because you can't handle the wait. You'll be really popular on MR.

Really? You have an iPad 2? Mmmm.... I find it hard to believe anybody would prefer the one BY A WIDE MARGIN over the two. Apart from design (which is subjective) what is better about the 1? As an owner of both I think your statement is ludicrous.

16. gatearray macrumors 65816

Well, if the Target clerks say that everybody in Topeka who wanted an iPad has already got an iPad, then it must be true. :)

17. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

Sell the laptop then and keep the thing you actually use.....?

18. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

It could have to do with the sales experience? Went to target last night and the iPad is under a case, you can't even touch it. The Xoom is stuck playing a demo? You can touch it but it is in a limited demo mode.

Most people go to an Apple store if they have one nearby, so they can play with it and have knowledgable sales staff. ( for the average consumer )

19. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

LMAO, do you work at either store? What makes you think they don't get sold and then restocked? I'm of course assuming that you aren't able to hang out at both stores simultaneously in order to factually state the above information...

20. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Target clerks figure that, huh? What do they figure the iPhone 5's release date?

21. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

if you just use the ipad and not a laptop anymore, odds are you probably didn't need a laptop to begin with o.o