Hmmm...Wifi or 3G/LTE?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSingandiDance, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Are you going for the Wifi or LTE version of the new iPad?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2012.
  1. Wifi

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. 3G/LTE

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

I was certain that I was going to purchase the 3G or LTE iPad before the announcement, but now I don't know. I'm someone who purchased the last two iPads in the 3G version and wasn't looking to break that tradition. I just feel bare without it. Not that I need to be connected at all times, but on the road trip, I need it.

And I don't have an iPhone or a phone that tethers. I just think that Wifi may be the better bet since, frankly, I've used it maybe three times over the course of the last twelve months. But still that insurance of having it there when you need it cannot be overlooked.

Guess it will be a gametime decision.

What say you?

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

This is something that really depends greatly on your personal situation. Personally, I'm away at school and my entire campus has a wireless connection so I rarely ever use 3G on my phone and won't ever on my iPad. Sure, it's a nice feature to have and you definitely can't go wrong getting it..but it really just depends on how you'll use it!

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I won't need LTE on an iPad... and I am DEF not paying an extra $130 for the "privilege" of paying ATT / Verizon $30 per month for data :rolleyes:

4. TheRedOx macrumors member

TheRedOx

My thinking is it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I'm still undecided though - 64GB Wifi or 32GB WiFi/4G.

5. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

WiFi only. I have a contract on my Android tablet if I need to use it when away from WiFi, plus my cell.

6. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

For the way I use mine, LTE is a no brainer. I can always turn it off if I change my usage in the future.

7. sivosam macrumors member

I'll be buying 4G LTE for sure. Here in Finland I can get unlimited 4G plan of 6-50 mb/s (which will most likely be steady 10-20, but that's good enough for me) for around 15€, which isn't bad at all!

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Since they make multiple LTE version it "smells" to me like again kind of protection of carrier interests; as today still in Japan: SIM -locked for domestic market.
    When I see iPad also for NTT docomo (a different provider) I might get LE; if not I stay with my mobile wifi router and get iPad wifi only. For the saved money I might add ATV3.

9. iSingandiDance thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

There was a certain ambiguity with the liveblogs, but will the new iPad be universal? If so, the choice for LTE isn't as bleak.

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

The big question is whats the LTE data plan going to cost.

VZ has a good LTE network, ATTs is unproven.

11. x13gamer macrumors regular

x13gamer

That is the Question

12. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

argh!! I can't decide!! I want the 4G .. but probably won't use it much if at all... $130 is steep just to maybe use it! :eek:

plus I'm still a broke college student!!