Ho do you keep your iPhone screen clean?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yizi, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Yizi macrumors regular

God the finger prints are very annoying, i do anything to not get them. I got the screen protector but i still get them.

What do you do to stop this? :confused:

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Do what I did...get over it :D

Unless you're looking at the screen with lights reflecting on it, you will hardly notice it. I had a screen protector when I first got my iPhone, frankly grime builds up on that too, makes it worse and you can't clean that off the plastic.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I just use a cloth, a napkin, or a paper towel. If it's really bad, I use a little water.

I don't have a screen protector, BTW. My iPhone is totally naked. :)

4. Yizi thread starter macrumors regular

I'm one of those that keeps everything very clean grr i can't get over it.

5. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

ANTI GLARE ANTI GLARE ANTI GLARE!!! Get the power support Antiglare film set its amazing at keeping those darn prints off

6. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

7. interesting macrumors member

You could get Botox in your fingertips to prevent the production of skin oils.

Thats sane right? AH just live with it. I just rub it on my shirt. Works out well assuming you wear a new shirt every day.

8. ttt123 macrumors newbie

Keeping screen clean

3M microfibre is the best way to clean the screen and body of oil, smudges, etc. Does not need any chemical or moisture, as the shape of the fibres is what does the cleaning.

To keep the screen clean, Capdase makes a matt screen protector. The matt surface reduces light transmission a bit, and when reading small, fine fonts, you can see the matt surface slightly. i.e. not as clear as with a clear screen. It is workable, though.

On the plus side, finger sliding motions are very smooth, and it does not collect oil smudges from your fingerprints. I've used it for about a week, and have not needed to clean the screen at all. With a cheap clear protector, I would need to wipe it every chance I got, or just get used to the smudges.

So there are ways to resolve the problem, and no, not all screen protectors are created equal.

9. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Get a microfiber cloth from any place that sells eyeglasses/sunglasses.

10. atluten macrumors 6502

For me, keeping the phone in my pocket is enough to clean the screen. It seems pretty absurd but apparently the inner fabric just rubs against the screen and takes all the fingerprints, oils, etc off.