hold down the keypad button on a call...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sr5878, Feb 25, 2008.

1. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i just thought this was interesting... i didnt read the documentation on the phone, i just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this (or if it's blatant common knowledge ;) )

i was on a call last night and messing around with the keypad (read: annoying my girlfriend with the keypad :p). i held down the keypad button and after about 5 seconds the keypad popped up, but this time with a "send" button above it in the top right corner. i punched in a few numbers and hit 'send' and it disconnected the call. is it that TTY thing? or is it some secret steve jobs teleporter?:confused:

i think i'll assume it's the teleporter ;)

2. silbeej macrumors 6502a

It's just another way to add a call. It puts the current call on hold and then dials the new one.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

4. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i tried putting in the number that corresponds to each letter in his name, and now steve is trapped in my iphone :D

he told me this so far:
    new 8-core macbooks, 16 core macbook pros with 24" and 30" displays.
    32gb iphone
    mac mini with 50 cores
    um... 3g?

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yea, I've noticed this happening for a while. This isn't the first version that it's appeared in so I don't know if it's a bug or what. I doubt it's a feature because all the text overlaps things when I do it. I'm thinking bug.

6. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

wierd... i checked on my phone and it responds in the same way... dont know why...