Hold for pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Huskieboy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Huskieboy Suspended

Two questions. 1) can I call ahead once I get the tracking number and have it held for pickup?

2) I call when I get the tracking number but maybe someone here knows. Verizon account is in wife's name and she ordered it. Can I pick it up for her if last name and address match the package?

Thanks

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

1.) At the time you ordered the iPhone, you have the option of having the iPhone held for pick up at a local store if you selected this, but if the item is already preparing for shipment or is in transit, I don't believe you can make that adjustment now, unless you make changes to the carrier route where you want the item shipped.

2.) Verizon is fairly particular when it comes to the account holder information and in-store pick up. What your wife should do, is call Verizon and have her notate in the account that you will be picking up the iPhone, make sure to bring your ID and that your address matches your drivers license based on your account information.

3. Huskieboy thread starter Suspended

I'm sorry I meant hold for pickup and UPS or FedEx depending how it's shipped

4. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I believe he is talking about hold for Pick up at UPS or FEDEX Office. All of my orders from Apple comes through FEDEX and I always do a hold for pick up at Fedex office as I hate expansive items being delivered to my house and especially if they leave it if no one is home. I've had no issues with requesting a hold for pick up for launch day items as well. I will be doing the same with the 8 Plus.

Once I get the tracking, after 9 pm on Thursday, I will request a hold for pick up and will pick it up the next day.

OP, you can request a hold for pick up. FEDEX asks for your valid ID with the matching address, so if it's in your wife's name, I don't know if they will release the package.

I know for UPS, you can pick up a package for someone else. I have UPS My Choice and I have set for all orders that my wife and I order automatically gets redirected to our local UPS store for any package that qualifies to be redirected. I have no issues of going to the UPS store and picking up my wife's packages. I sometimes take her ID and show both mine and hers proving we live together.

Hope this helps.

5. Huskieboy thread starter Suspended

Thanks for the reply. Once I get a tracking number I'll call. She's off work by 3:00 regardless so if they don't let me get it I'll have it end of day

***looks like your right. I've had no issue picking up phones in the past with UPS but looks like FedEx doesn't allow that***