Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itswoody, Oct 26, 2005.
You'll be in for a nice suprise!!!!
Let me guess....
Slow-Mo Front Row?
I thought that was activated by default...
You find this amusing do you? Now try the following:
- Hold shift when you activate and deactivate Dashboard with the F12 key.
- Hold shift when you minimize a window.
- Press command+option+control+8.
- Press command+option+8. Now wait about 3 seconds then press command+option+"=" (Hold down "=" key while command and option are held down and you zoom way in. Hold down the "-" key while you hold down the command and option keys and you zoom back out. To switch to and from the pixel and smooth mode press command+option+"\" while you are zoomed in.)
- Hold the shift key down while adding a widget to dashboard.
- Hold the shift key when you close a widget.
- Hold the command+option+eject keys down for about 2 seconds.
The last one puts your computer to sleep.
That last one is the single greatest thing I've learned this week!
Seriously though, that is very useful to me.
this is awesome..i didn't know these...command+option+control+8 is da best!
Agreed! I did not know that.
What exactly is command/option/control/8 doing?
It looks, cool, but what is it?
- Command+option+control will shut down your computer.
- Command+control+eject will restart your computer.
- The zoom feature I listed earlier works great for viewing streaming videos that are small. The videos don't really get distorted from the zooming in blurred mode and the frame rates don't seem to go down by zooming into them.
Inverse of colors I think. It's like a film negative I guess almost.
I think some people with sight disabilities can see that much better.
I agree that is awesome!
It inverts the colors.
Another way to do this is to go into the System Preference application and select the Universal Access section and click the "White on Black" option.
I really like the black apple bar on the top, too bad you can't have that but keep the rest of the colors normal.
But you can look at the bottom OS X ShapeShifter theme on this website linked to here: http://www.resexcellence.com/themes/
In order to run the theme you need a program called ShapeShifter which is available on this website linked to here: http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter
when the command, option, control, 8 trick is activated go to the apple home page and look at the imac g5. Flippin Sweet!!
When I do that it wakes right back up again.
-How did you learn all of that stuff?
It does? It shouldn't. Something like a flash drive (or other type of external hardware) could be causing this problem.
I don't know too much. I've only been a Mac user for 3 years. I have done a lot of research but I still have a lot to learn. I am just trying to be helpful.
Well, you know a lot more than me
OK, for me, I have to just tap the eject key while holding Command+Option. If I hold it down it tends to start back up again. (maybe it has something to do with Bluetooth keyboards).
Read the manual? Help? Play around in System Preferences?
That's how I learned all of those.
either that or david pogue is your neighbor!
those are some nifty tricks
Find a store that sells Apple computers (not a pukka Apple Store or specialist) and do this to the display machines then ask a question and watch them squirm.
EDIT: Double post.. sorry
I imagine the look on their face would be priceless.
Since this is not an easter egg, but designed to help people with disabilities (better contrasts), someone who sells Macs should know what it is.