Holding Off on M Lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TallManNY, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

How long are you going to hold off on downloading Mountain Lion? It really annoys me when folks jump right in and try to download something this large on the first download date and then complain that Apple's servers are swamped and download is slow. Hey, we are all fanboys here, I get it. But seriously, wait one day. Downloading will be easier tomorrow. It might even be easier a few hours after launch.

Me, I'm going to hold off for a couple of days. First, to wait and make sure there either aren't any major bugs or if there are the solutions are published and easy to find. Then I'm going to download at some point when I don't mind if it takes an hour or two to install. Saturday morning is probably the best time for me. I've got fast internet, but at this size I will start the download and then walk away from the computer, maybe go get breakfast. I find it is best to do these projects in the morning when I have all day in case something goes wrong.

2. albertxp06 macrumors regular

I got ML downloaded in less than 30 minutes! Had no troubles purchasing and installing