Holding off until October

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tomoisyourgod, Aug 6, 2007.

  1. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #1
    I've decided I'm gonna hold off until October before I get my MBP due to the release of Leopard... what ya reckon? worth the wait?
     
  2. janey macrumors 603

    janey

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2002
    Location:
    sunny los angeles
  3. john2006wright macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    I'm a student in the UK so I've been waiting for the free ipod promo with a mac. I thought it would start august 1st but no sign of it yet. ANyone know when/if it will begin? I want to buy a MB but i dont want to miss out on a free ipod
     
  4. janey macrumors 603

    janey

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2002
    Location:
    sunny los angeles
    #4
    Erm, it started a long time ago. If anything it's only like another month until it's stopped.
     
  5. john2006wright macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    sorry I should have said in the UK, i've edited post. thanks
     
  6. janey macrumors 603

    janey

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2002
    Location:
    sunny los angeles
    #6
    my bad. i thought they were similar, and upon further investigation, they're not.
     
  7. tomoisyourgod thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #7
    if they do it in the states - they should do it here... I'd contact your nearest Apple store and ask them, they'd have a better idea than most
     
  8. AlexisV macrumors 68000

    AlexisV

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2007
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #8
    What if Leopard gets delayed again? You could be months without your Mac.
     
  9. tomoisyourgod thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #9
    Good point - I've got an iMac for now which is sound, but I really do need a lappy... and when I go to meetings or see potential clients, a nice MBP with Leopard would be the best :)

    *Fingers are now crossed 10.5 doesn't get delayed again*
     
  10. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    #10
    wouldnt it be funny if leopard was delayed until february?
     
  11. daneoni macrumors G4

    daneoni

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #11
    I dunno, i wouldnt wait. Leopard will be buggy until its been patched at least 2/3 times and some software vendors have to update their software to be compatible. So you're looking at may next year or something before i would personally go with Leopard but thats just me.

    Tiger is stable now, has tons of software for it and is all round good
     
  12. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #12
    If you need your laptop now, don't wait. If you can wait, wait. It may be a little better value to have it preinstalled once it gets released, but if you will lose money by not being productive now, does that value cost you more?

    Or you can just use the excuse of more time to save money. :)
     
  13. tomoisyourgod thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #13
    exactly... could be the difference between a 15" or a 17"
     
  14. MacJediDude macrumors member

    MacJediDude

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    #14
    I am definitely waiting for October - unless Apple releases a new subnotebook to replace my 12" powerbook tomorrow :p
     
  15. thegreatest21 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2007
    #15
    My Plan

    I am in the position where I do need a MacBook Pro for Uni this year as well but I am going to purchase it when the iPod/Back2School promotion is on then I will hold onto the iPod for a while till the Leopard launch and see if it is truely as buggy as some people have claimed. Then dependant of if it is buggy I won't sell the iPod but if not then I will depart of the iPod.

    SO in turn Leopard is paying for itself.

    Does anyone know whether Leopard will be like Vista and given as an update to people purchasing within a certain timeframe?

    Thanks.
     

Share This Page