holding shift+restore to bypass does not work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by culua, Sep 18, 2009.

1. culua macrumors newbie

i have itunes 8.2.1 and im using laptop hp computer. what i was trying to do is downgrade my 3.1 to 3.0.1. when i try hold down shift and restore it does nto work. what i notice at the coner of the itunes there is symbol + sign (create play list) and when i hold down the shift button it changes to a wheel that said (create a smart playlist) no im not sure if that cause the interferrance when trying to restore my iphone.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume you're using Windows. Are you clicking on the restore in the middle of the page on iTunes?

3. culua thread starter macrumors newbie

well once im on the restore screen i held down shift and restore nothign happens.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

In the summary tab, you click on shift and the restore?

5. culua thread starter macrumors newbie

yes.. i even try updating it to iutne 9.0 still same problem but this time there the + sign and the whell symbol didnt interfer while im holding down shift + restore

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. culua thread starter macrumors newbie

i got it fix. what i did was i log off from my administrated user to my other user account and it works. i don't understand why it wont let me do that with my main account? is it probably ant-virus some kind of program that cause it not to work?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You probably don't have the .ipsw in the admin acct.

9. culua thread starter macrumors newbie

i do have it even if i do not have it or not holding down shift+restore should work ether way. i know cause i try deleting the ipws which is located in the app/itunes and re downloading it again both ways.