Holiday Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furious, Jun 17, 2007.

1. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Hi. I am planing a holiday early next year and would like to know your opinions.

I have two choices.

First choice is Japan. If I chose Japan I will be spending time in Osaka (5 days), Hiroshima (2 days), and Tokyo (7 days). I will travel by train between cities.

Second choice is America. I will be spending time in Los Angeles (as little as possible), San Francisco (5 days), Las Vegas (4 days), Chicago (5 days), and New York (7 days) if I chose America. I am planing on hiring a car and driving from LA to San Francisco then on to Las Vegas. Then I will either catch a bus or fly to Chicago then a bus to New York. Train is also an option.

Funds are limited. I will have about $7500 Australian total to spend on the holiday.

Accommodation will be the cheapest possible.

Now for opinions? Are these solid plans or am I dreaming keeping in mind my budget. What do you think about the time I plan to spend in each city. Is it long enough to see what the city has to offer. What other places would you recommend I see in each country.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You think it's impossible to do Japan for 2 weeks with "only" $7500??

I could do it for around $3000 AUD, including airfare. And with that budget, I wouldn't even be staying in hostels.....business hotels only ($60-70 per night).

I'm flying from Sydney --> Osaka (return airfare) via Jetstar for $900 AUD (all taxes included in this price) at the end of July, and since I was there in December-January (ie: 6 months ago), I think I could stay in Japan for 2 weeks with a budget of $3000.

And why Osaka, Hiroshima, and Tokyo? They're so random and far apart. And 7 days in Tokyo is quite a bit of time. You could easily do the large majority of things in 4-5 days. If you went to Kanagawa (if I remember the name of the place correctly), near Tokyo and Yokohama, then I guess you could spend a few more days in that area, but why not visit Kyoto, which is essentially the culture capital? That place is the bomb, and you'd pass it when travelling from Osaka to Tokyo.

3. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

Osaka for the four levels of toys place, Castle, the aquarium, Museum of art, Theatre, and Tobita:p. Thats a joke.

Hiroshima for the Castle, and Piece Memorial Park, and how can I forget the Museum of Art. If I had time I would go to Shukkei-en

Tokyo for Kokyo, Museums, architecture, shopping and sumo. As well as the parks and gardens.

I haven't talked to any travel agents yet. The times and cities are only a guide.

:edit: Thread resurrection.

Anyone interested in giving their opinion on what has already been discussed.