Holiday Case for my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dino F, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I will be going on a beach holiday soon and I am planning on taking my iPhone 5 with me for emergency use only.

I currently use it naked with just a skin around the edge of the phone and also have a backplate on the back and finally have an SGP glass screen shield (which I do not want to take off as I know I'll never get it back on again as perfectly as it is now!!!)

I am looking for a case which will protect my phone from potential drops and/or possible water and sand protection and will work with my glass Tr screen shield.

I was looking at the Otterbox Defender (not sure if the screen shield on the Defender will work with my glass screen shied?) or possibly the Lifeproof Nuud case but again, not sure if this case will work with my glass screen shield?!

Again - I do not want to remove the glass screen shield purely because it has no scratches, feels like the iPhone's natural screen and don't believe I will get it on again as good as it is now!!!

Can anyone recommend a case for me ?!

2. iLive an iLife macrumors newbie

Well your best bet would probably be a lifeproof case - either the Nuud or the Fre. Your only drawback is going to be using that screen protector while using one of these cases. The screen protector can add thickness to the case, thus compromising the integrity of the waterproof/dust proof seal.

If your heart is set on keeping the screen protector on your phone, I'd probably go with a defender and pop out the built in screen protector. They are easily removed (Otterbox uses a cheaper glue on these cases). The otterbox will resist water and dust/sand but they aren't water/sand proof. You'll still have to be care with your device.