Holiday Return Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lewy, Nov 10, 2014.

1. lewy macrumors regular

I've bought an iPhone 6 via Apple Store España and they've told me that I have nearly two months to return it and get back my money. Is that true? I wouldn't like to have problems after two weeks. On Apple Store Online Website I can see that I have only two weeks left.

2. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

If it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist. Plan according to whatever you have in writing. Verbal promises are worthless.

In previous years Apple instituted their Holiday return policy around 1st of November allowing returns until 7th of January. That's in the US, I don't know about other countries.

I see no such language in the US Apple store at this time.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Coming from a background of working for insurance companies for over 20 years, I go by "If its not written its not said." The salesman get spout all about the return period until he's blue in the face, but if its not written, then its not worth anything.

5. lewy thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what I told the guy from Apple's infoline. He told me that our conversation is being recorded so I will have a proof of him saying what he said.

Anyway... I think I'm gonna return my phone within 14 days. I'm gonna feel then much better.

Thank you guys.

6. 617aircav Suspended

Recorded by him is useless for you.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yeah, recorded by them for their benefit. LOL. You'd spend far more in legal fees to subpoena a copy of the recording (only to have them claim a technical glitch caused the loss of recordings for that agent that day) than you could ever hope to recover.

You're very smart to adhere to the written policy as you say you will.

Also be VERY clear on when "Day 1" is -- it's usually the day you touch the device, effectively making the 14 day period only 13 days. For example if you received it today, your last day to return would be Sunday 23rd November.

8. lewy thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah guys - I also don't trust them. I'm gonna return it on next Wednesday to be sure everything's gonna be accepted.

Thanks once again ;).

BTW. In addition to that I was charged by Apple twice... I have to wait few days to get my money back. Lucky me...

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Print it, copy it, screenshot it, and take it to the manager within the two week period. Then, have him authorize the holiday return policy to give you that reassurance, otherwise, you will be screwed.

10. davedvdy macrumors regular

Seems he is possibly confusing the standard return policy
    and the 60 day time frame for adding Apple Care+ as the same.

11. lewy thread starter macrumors regular

He was talking about 'end of year, holidays' and so on. But I've decided - on next Wednesday I'm gonna get rid of 6.