Holiday Updates: Evernote, iAnnotate, etc.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by palpatine, Dec 20, 2011.

1. palpatine macrumors 68040

Any apps just get updated and improved? Here are a couple I use that impressed me.

1. Evernote. It has had horrible issues every since last summer, when they implemented rich text support. Although this build still has occasional lag with typing for some users, it is a marked improvement over the last update, and it is definitely headed in the right direction.

2. iAnnotate. Massive overhaul to the interface. Now I can finally say that it looks user friendly. I have only played around with it a little bit, but so far I am quite pleased. In my informal tests it is the fastest to render pages (compared to GoodReader and PDF Expert), and it is definitely the one with the most features.

2. hagr182 macrumors regular

3. palpatine thread starter macrumors 68040

thanks. that's good news (pun intended).

4. matt90036 macrumors regular

ughhh iAnnotate still has a bug which has been there for the past 2 revisions. I gave them 3/5 because 1) I couldn't find their support email address 2) they didn't fix that bug.
    anybody knows their support email?

5. palpatine thread starter macrumors 68040

what's the bug?

although my interactions with the developers have been positive, they have secreted themselves behind a digital barricade that makes it extremely frustrating to get support from a human. It is a textbook case for how to piss off your users, even the ones who like your product!

Go here, choose "other issues," and follow the trail to the end.
    http://support.ajidev.com/index.php?/Troubleshooter/Step/View/1

6. jojoba macrumors 68000

iAnnotate looks SO much better now. I still find PDF Expert slightly more user friendly, though. I'm pretty sure they had a recent update, too (where among other things, the bug that caused black highlighting on twice highlighted text was fixed).

7. palpatine thread starter macrumors 68040

Yep. They got an update, but nothing major (as far as I can tell), and not the promised global search function.

8. matt90036 macrumors regular

This is what I wrote:
    I have a problem with locking PDF document on a screen. While scrolling up and down my document moves left and right which is not only extremely annoying but also decrease my productivity.
    This issue is only specific to one PDF file which has been heavily annotated. My other PDFs don't show this problem. I stared having this issue 2 updates ago (sometime May 2011).
    Another problem is that your support email address is not readily available.

9. lsquare macrumors 6502

Can you do global search on iAnnotate now? With the latest update, how does it compare to PDF Expert now?

10. palpatine thread starter macrumors 68040

you could always do global search on iannotate. you still cannot with pdf expert, but they say it is coming. in my opinion, iannotate is far superior to pdf expert and goodreader in terms of available functions and interface. the last update was a huge improvement. price-wise, though, goodreader is still the better buy.