iPod touch Holidays in NC calendar widget

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Stefanmz7, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Stefanmz7 macrumors member

Hey how do I make the holidays show in the calendar NC widget? Last week (or maybe earlie) there was the Veterans Day and the tomorrow summary warned me that there's an all-day event next day but then I didn't see it in the Calendar widget that day only in the app. So how do I make the widget show all calendars not only my events which I make? And is the holidays calendar there by default or is it when I linked my iCloud and Google accounts to this device and let them both use Calendar. Because I don't remember "subscribing" to the holidays. And so how do this calendar come and how do I make it show in the widget. Please I need this ASAP.

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

I don't believe the standard Apple widget shows all-day events such as Holidays.

I personally use Agenda+ which is a calendar and reminders widget. I can confirm that it shows all day events such as birthdays and holidays. I know a few other third-party apps have widgets that support this also such as Fantastical and Calendar 5 by Readdle.

3. crookadile macrumors regular

Yes, unfortunately all day events showing in the NC was taken out in iOS 7.
    It's stupid but that's Apple for you.
    If you are wanting a free way of showing all day events in the NC I can recommend Calendars by Readle. It has a widget that will show all your events in the NC.

4. Stefanmz7 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks. Well I usually don't check much events (holidays because I know the dates but yeah for birthdays and other line this and why not for holidays?. I'll surely check these out.
    Thanks!

5. Readdlemate Suspended

Readdlemate

Hello,

You can try free version of Calendars 5 - Calendars by Readdle. The app supports most of Google Interesting Calendars - Holidays and more lists.