Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
What is the best place in your opinion for a phone ?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Since I currently have an iPhone 8, I carry it in my pocket. I've tried using a holster before when I had a 7+ but found it difficult to get it loose when I received a call.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Since I currently have an iPhone 8, I carry it in my pocket. I've tried using a holster before when I had a 7+ but found it difficult to get it loose when I received a call.

Interesting which size do you like better 7+ or normal 8 ?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I like the size of the 8 best. While the larger phones display videos best, the 8 to me is more convenient to carry. Besides, I have my iPad Pro to watch videos.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Front pocket for me. Back in my BlackBerry days, holster, on the hip.
But, we've all come a long way, since that :):p:D

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2015
Prefer pocket but broke an iPhone screen that way so prefer holster. But I have an XR and the holster is humongous. Our kids walk on the other side of the street from me.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Absolutely......but then I don’t get many calls.........:confused:
This may also be why all my previous iPhones are still in mint condition, no scrambling in my pocket.

Prefer pocket but broke an iPhone screen that way so prefer holster. But I have an XR and the holster is humongous. Our kids walk on the other side of the street from me.

I use my phones without any cover and keep them in my pocket and they were all scratch less until the day I either sold them or exchanged at the Apple store. I just keep it in mind to not put anything else in the same pocket and I don’t put them on any surface other than at home.

How did you end up breaking the screen?!

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Front pocket all the way. Even when I used an Otterbox Defender on my old Droid Bionic, I rarely used the holster. If/when I did, I always kept it clipped to the inside my of pocket not dangling off the side.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Good lord!! A holster?? Is this 1990 or earlier? If you don't live alone with three cats or in your parent's basement hoping that one day a girl will knock at the door asking you out, forget the holster.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Good lord!! A holster?? Is this 1990 or earlier? If you don't live alone with three cats or in your parent's basement hoping that one day a girl will knock at the door asking you out, forget the holster.
True story: late 90's I get a wrong number from a girl trying to call her grandmother, ended up talking to her almost an hour. Long story short, I dated her like 8 months. You never know...

Reactions: compwiz1202

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
True story: late 90's I get a wrong number from a girl trying to call her grandmother, ended up talking to her almost an hour. Long story short, I dated her like 8 months. You never know...
Ha...but she did not know you had a holster when she mistakenly called you. On your first in-person meeting was your holster clearly visible? If so, did it contain your phone or a small cocktail thermos so she would think you were a "Good Time Devin'?

• Haha
Reactions: DevinNj

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
One in a holster, one in the pocket. Always have a backup.

In my case, I have a work phone and a personal phone, so I actually do a holster and pocket.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
Definitely in my pocket - either pants device pocket, shirt or vest. i Phone 8 fits quite nicely. Definitely would not want anything bigger!

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
This topic brings to mind the old joke...

Patrick, who was vacationing in the Bahamas couldn't seem to make it with any of the girls. So he asked the local lifeguard for some advice.

"Mate, it's obvious," says the lifeguard, "you're wearing them old baggy swimming trunks that make ya look like an old geezer. They're years outta style. Your best bet is to grab yourself a pair of Speedos - about two sizes too small - and drop a fist-sized potato down inside 'em. I'm tellin' ya man... you'll have all the babes ya want!"

The following weekend, Patrick hits the beach with his spanking new tight Speedos, and his fist-sized potato. Everybody on the beach was disgusted as he walked by, covering their faces, turning away, laughing, looking sick!

So he went back to the lifeguard again and asked him, "What's wrong now?" "Damn, Mate!" said the lifeguard, "The potato goes in front!!"

• Haha
Reactions: Ta0jin and DevinNj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.