Holy crap, bodyguardz!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Heather1, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Not sure if my story worth sharing... but anyway, So I just ordered a bodyguardz for my ipod touch 2G, and for some reasons, i didn't see the shipping address section. Which means, the thing will be shipped to my billing address, where my parents, the ones i'm hiding my ipod touch 2G from, are living.

I thought they'll ask me if i want to ship it somewhere else like most of other online stores do. I was wrong. I hurried back to change my shipping address or cancel my order if possible but it was too late, "This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable." - No longer editable ?! Has already shipped ?! Nonsense, i ordered it just now... - so i thought.

Great. Now i just have to stay home all day long, keep my parents away from the front door as long as possible, and kill any guys with a little box passing by my house or blindfold my parents if "he" comes...

:S

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

How big is the package? They delivered mine to my mailbox because it was small enough. Keep an eye out for that too!

3. archi17 macrumors regular

haha that story made me laugh. What would your parents do if they found out? Make sure you keep us updates weather they get it or not

4. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

hahaha why arent you supposed to have one? What did you do wrong?:D

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

yeah, the box is small enough to fit in most mail boxes - even small ones.

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Sounds like you need body guards for your bodyguardz... Sorry, I couldn't resist...

7. kidlazer macrumors newbie

haha, i bought my Touch without my parents knowing. I'm sure they'll be in a fit if they ever find out cause it is over 200 dollars and i have "other responsibilities" like school books, and car insurance and blah blah blah lol.

so i can totally relate.

8. Heather1 thread starter macrumors regular

Heather1

Tsk... I was so dumb. Actually i can tell them the thing belongs to my friend, she just wanna borrow the address for it or something...

The thing is... I asked my parents' permission to buy the touch on my own (my money) 2 weeks ago, and they said it's unnecessary (regarding all the gadgets i've got already).

Now, if they see the bodyguardz, which has a picture of an ipod touch on the cover (i suppose)... "HEATHER, FROM NOW ON, YOU PAY FOR YOUR OWN GODDAMN CAR INSURANCE"!!!!!

Aye aye aye... i'm screwed, folks.

---

By the way, I didn't go to school today because... ya know!! I heard they'll arrive within a day, which is today, but... where is it?!

9. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Ha! That's brilliant!

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

What!? I'm sure they'll be more upset that you don't get an education as you're stating home every one of the seven days it could arrive!

11. California King macrumors 65816

They arrive in 5 or so business days, unless you choose anything other than standard shipping...sucks for you. It's your money. You should be able to do whatever you want with it.

12. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Your right, as long a she has enough money for her other stuff like the car insurance...

13. dakine85 macrumors newbie

it comes in a brown box, with the actual product inside (or at least mine did), so you can't tell what it is right away. try not to freak out too much. ;)

14. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Either tell them its a gift, or a friend of yours wanted it, but had no credit card, so you used yours and forgot to change the address.

15. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

heather from california? i know your parents: we go way back. further than you. i have duly told them of your deception. good luck in hell my dear!

16. yawnyj macrumors member

Shame on you, for encouraging lying to ones parents. And to the Op, if you want to be trusted and have a good relationship with your parents, stop lying to them, and face the music. Maybe it would be good for you to be responsible for your own car insurance. Perhaps you could offer to pay part of it as a gesture of maturity.

17. Heather1 thread starter macrumors regular

Heather1

I was on fire all day long today, and now I find this, 1 to 7 days?! *nerves cracking*. I hope it does come in a brown cover or any cover that has nothing to do with electronic or Apple. :|

- I only have Yoga (don't ask) today so it was no big deal. Have to go to school tomorrow though.
    - I used to pay for my own car insurance until' that speeding ticket tagged along.

:S

18. Heather1 thread starter macrumors regular

Heather1

And here's how it goes ...

Customer said: yesterday (17 hours ago) [10/12/2008 8:14PM]

Hi,

I've ordered a bodyguardz for my ipod touch 2G last week. I tracked the order number and found out that it was delivered to our house at 10 : 27 AM, October 8th. However, until today, Sunday 12th, i haven't recieved anything from bodyguardz yet.

Please give me an answer as soon as possible.

My order#: **********
    Tracking # : *********

Thanks,
    Heather H.
    -------------------
    NLU Products said: today (6 hours, 385 min ago) [10/13/2008 7:06AM]

Heather,

I am sorry you have not yet received you package. You may want to check with your postmaster or local post office to verify if it was delivered to right place. You can also check with your neighbors to see if they have seen it. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing where your package is if USPS says it is delivered. Let us know if it doesn't show up.

Thank you,

April H.
    Customer Support
    NLU Products
    ------------------------

Customer said: today (2 hours, 120 min ago) [10/13/2008 11:31AM]

Thanks for your response.

I've checked with my local postal office and neighbors about the package. Looks like i'll have to reorder another one since my ipod started to get scratched. But this time, I hope i'll some kind of discount?! I do realize this is not your fault but it's pretty ridiculous i have to pay twice.

Thanks for your time.
    Heather H.
    -----------------------
    NLU Products said: today (1 hour, 67 min ago) [10/13/2008 12:24PM]

Heather,

I apologize that this has occurred on your order.

Please login to bodyguardz.com and you will be able to receive a 20% discount on your next purchase.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dain
    Customer Service
    NLU Products

-----------

I'm pissed.

19. JMN357 macrumors newbie

Your parents found the package and are waiting for you to say something so that you have to tell them you bought a touch. I despise buying electronics behind my parents back, "It's my money" is never a good argument. To quote the great philosopher and orator Will Smith (aka the Fresh Prince) "Parents just don't understand!"
    :)

20. slidetounlock macrumors regular

21. SkillsToShow macrumors regular

This thread is so funny :D. I was recently in the same dilemma as you but I actually talked my dad into buying a touch for me and convinced my mom to buy the bodyguardz.

22. angels lust macrumors member