Holy crap, check out the ebay prices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by olly666, Jun 16, 2010.

1. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

Not hugely surprised that people are already selling their [yet to be delivered] iPhones on ebay, but $1,000-$1,300?!? Almost makes me want to sell mine. Almost :p

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It's crazy what people are willing to do, just so they can be the first people on the block with the new iPhone.

Seriously I wonder how long those prices will hold up, once the iPhone starts maknig its way though the pipeline.

3. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I would, then buy another a week or two after the hype dies and you have paid for your own iPhone from the money you made.

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Considering nobody has one to sell right now.....

I'll sell you one with Buy It Now, today only, for only $900.

But seriously, I'm betting there are going to be a LOT of double-shipments out there come next week. As of right now, I've got two inbound and only want one. Perhaps either Apple or AT&T will catch it before shipment, but if not, the demand for these things should make walking it to the store on launch day a fun and profitable experience. Return it for even-money....or sell it to someone at the back of the line?

Decisions, decisions.....

5. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Yeah obviously with time the prices will go down. I really am in shock though.

6. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Do someone in line a favor and sell it to them. It's never hard to pick out the person who's having a crumby day. Think of the karma... ;)

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Does karma still count if I make a profit?

8. ashVID macrumors regular

Most, not all, but most are fraud situations on either buyer or seller. Dig deeper, many are saying choice of color, etc. The legit auctions seem to be going for $700-$900, or about the fair market value of an unsubsidized phone internationally (no Canadian release announced).

ash =o)

9. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

IF you sell one on eBay do you have to remove the SIM card so that it can't be activated under your account?

10. mac jones macrumors 68040

I may be wrong, but doesn't it look like there's going to be a huge backorder for these?

the numbers point to this, whether it's true or not.

11. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Moderate profit = Moderate karma!

12. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

I noticed about the colors too. That's why I only purchase stuff like this from "top rated sellers".

13. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

That might be a good idea... ;)

14. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

You know, I wondered about that. They are suprised with the 600,000 ordered Tuesday, but remember the rollout Jobs said at WWDC. I don't remember the exact dates, but it was in most countries in a matter of months. If they do realy run out, sounds like it is a matter of days to get more produced and on their way.

Or there will be an announcement to delay to other countries. Hope not for our friends outside the US.

15. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Make sure you sell it for at least the actual, unsubsidized cost. I imagine they'll figure out their error eventually and come looking for it. If you sell it for less, you'd have to eat the ETF.

16. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

The non-subsidized price of $660 (iPhone + tax) x 1.12 (eBay + Paypal fees) = $739.

Gotta beat the price to make it ahead.

Someone should chime in on how it worked with the 3GS since I've read people bought multiple subsidized phones last year too. I suspect Apple or AT&T will bill the remaining balance for the extra subsidized phones.