Holy crap I just got hosed by iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ayasin, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ayasin macrumors 6502

My app updated last night and when I went to go look on iTunes it has me on page 12 of iTunes productivity page and lists my update date as July 6th (the date I originally submitted my app). Anyone ever see this happen before?

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

yes. don't worry, apple screws up the "release date" of updated apps all the time. it really confuses me when i try to update my apps. now i just check the version number.

3. Pring macrumors 6502

Same problem here.. Bit annoying as being at the top of the list usually gives sales a significant boost.

4. ayasin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that at least I'm not alone. What really really blows is that this moved me from page 2 to 12. I sent an email to devprograms because as Pring says, this is going to significantly affect sales.

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

Something like this happens to one of my apps every time it is updated. All I have needed to do to fix it is change the release date in iTunes connect to the current day, and a short time later the app will have the correct date. Just make sure you don't change the date to one in the future, or the app might disappear until then.

6. ayasin thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Pring macrumors 6502

I can confirm that this fixed it for me. Thanks! Was really bad timing but now I'm listed as the very first entry in Utilities ;)

8. ayasin thread starter macrumors 6502

The fix worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip!

9. Mose9634 macrumors newbie

Well, thanks to this thread the release date for [app]Voyeur[/app] (shameless plug) has been updated to yesterday, when version 1.01 was released.

Of course, the Entertainment listing sorted by release date hasn't been updated in a while so no change there, but at least my date is correct. Hooray!