Holy crap... look at the problems!

Monique1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
Geez,

Still being on iOS 7, I come here to see how things are going with the new fangled version 8 and it's nothing but torches and pitchforks.

I'll wait till 8.1 thank you very much.

And I tip my hat to you early adopters. Ya'll do this every time. :D

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
I downgraded back to 7.1.2 on all my iDevices when window was open.

mesu.apple.com URL is blocked on home and work routers till 8.1 drops.

:D

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
If you like a smooth reliable iPhone experience, it's always best to avoid new models. Bugs and annoyances are always present in 1st gen models. It's to be expected. Apple will address these and a few revs later the operation will be improved.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
It's true I've not seen this before on an iOS uodate. A few bugs yes.

That said now I'm on iOS 8.0.2 I'm pretty happy.

bransoj

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2013
Geez,

Still being on iOS 7, I come here to see how things are going with the new fangled version 8 and it's nothing but torches and pitchforks.

I'll wait till 8.1 thank you very much.

And I tip my hat to you early adopters. Ya'll do this every time. :D
If you come on a site like this after a release then the vast majority will be folk having issues or needing help. Also folk who arent happy tend to be the ones that shout the loudest. If you look around there have been numerous posts as well more than happy with the update to iOS8. Personally i updated my 5 and iPad 3 OTA without an issue and both are working fine still on 8.0.2.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
People like to sensationalize. Half of the problems are user error/exaggerated.
It's true I've not seen this before on an iOS uodate. A few bugs yes.

That said now I'm on iOS 8.0.2 I'm pretty happy.
If you come on a site like this after a release then the vast majority will be folk having issues or needing help. Also folk who arent happy tend to be the ones that shout the loudest. If you look around there have been numerous posts as well more than happy with the update to iOS8. Personally i updated my 5 and iPad 3 OTA without an issue and both are working fine still on 8.0.2.
^

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
I've been using iOS 8 since the release and I personally haven't encountered any issues. I imagine that is the case with most people but unfortunately that isn't where the focus is by the news. Scandal sells even when there really is no fire.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
I've been using iOS 8 since the release and I personally haven't encountered any issues. I imagine that is the case with most people but unfortunately that isn't where the focus is by the news. Scandal sells even when there really is no fire.
I have heard iOS 8.0.2 is bending all iPhones....;)

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
The amount of issues one encounters on iOS 8 depends on his usage patterns.

If you use Mobile Safari too much, you will definitely notice the scroll and keyboard lag over a period of time. The new UI direction is non intuitive. When you compare it to Safari from 7.1.2, its a major step back.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
iOS 8.0.2 on the following devices at home:
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad retina mini, iPad retinta (4th gen), iPad Air

All upgraded from 7.1.2 to 8 GM and then to 8.0.1 (yes, OTA) now onto 8.0.2

All slick apart from the iPad Air animation to swipe away a Safari tab, which judders. Feels 'snapper' than any version of 7 ever did.

I only use Safari as my browser and have no issues with it. iMessage and Family Sharing configured for all devices and all running iTunes Match.

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
The amount of issues one encounters on iOS 8 depends on his usage patterns.

If you use Mobile Safari too much, you will definitely notice the scroll and keyboard lag over a period of time. The new UI direction is non intuitive. When you compare it to Safari from 7.1.2, its a major step back.
I agree somewhat about the UI lag, no keyboard lag. I like the new UI in 8.0.2. Nothing is intuitive until learned.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
No issues at all at my end. Installed iOS 8.0 and only experienced minor issues with lagging. Installed 8.0.2, again no issues and it now runs smoother. IMO, a no-brainer upgrade from 7.1.2.

I see that the OP is new. You weren't around when iOS 7.0 came out. Same complaints that accompany every iOS update (i.e., battery life, lagging, installation issues, crashes) plus a whole lotta whining about the new interface.

hattonna928

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2014
iOS 8, 8.0.1, and 8.0.2 have all been great for me on my 5S. There are some minor glitches every now and then but everything works really well for me. My battery life is actually better than it was on 7.1.2 so yeah...

Monique1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
Holy Crap x2. Now that pesky version 8 is erasing iCloud Drives everywhere!!!

On the bright side, no reports of Apple Maps causing folks to drive over cliffs into oceans. Yet. Whew!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.