Holy crap, there are some SERIOUS issues with coverflow!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theman, Feb 16, 2008.

1. theman macrumors 6502a

I just got my iTouch a couple weeks ago. When i turned it on, i synced all my albums automatically. i used coverflow a lot then. after about 2 days, i realized that some of my albums were missing in coverflow, but were there in the normal menus. not only that, but some of the albums had extra songs from other albums. it started getting worse fast, with many albums disappearing, and some albums having 100s of extra songs in them. I did a search on the forums, and found that other people were having this issue. I went into itunes and did a clean wipe of all the music, and this time set it to Manual mode. I added all the albums one at a time by dragging and dropping. now, its about a week later, and i'm getting the issue again. albums are missing from coverflow, and random songs are getting stuck into albums. through the normal menus i can get to any song in the right album with no issues.

obviously there is some issue that apple needs to fix here. not that coverflow is a very good way to navigate music anyway, but it's a pretty heavily advertised feature by apple...

it's possible that this issue is a result of defect in my itouch, however, since i have heard of so many others experiencing it, that i doubt this is the case.

so, yeah. that's all i have for today, stick around for the next episode...

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

mine did that one time. i fixed all the covers in itunes and synced and never had the problem again.

3. theman thread starter macrumors 6502a

could it be something to do with the way i did my album art? i manually added the pictures by selecting all the songs in an album, and dragging the picture from Safari into the album art box. There should be a picture associated with each music file individually, so i don't see what the issue is. maybe one bad apple is spoiling the bunch???