Holy Tacos Batman. Thats some school lunch

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by joepunk, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

This was probably the funniest thing I will read all week. Thank you. :D

2. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Wow, there food looks way better then the **** they give us at school. Hence why I don't eat my schools food...

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Ha! Makes me feel good about what I eat. Heck, that stuff is small and gross compared to what we get... but quite honestly, whoever though of the "taco patty" needs to be locked away for the rest of his/her natural life.

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Oh man, when I was in grade school the "pizza" we had was disgusting! It was like a piece of bread with a big glob of meat on it (like taco meat) with white stringy cheese on top and a few greasy pepperoni. I never ate the stuff, and thankfully they quit making it as the sight and smell of it made me lose my appetite.

5. joepunk thread starter macrumors 68030

joepunk

I like how some of the side food items like apple sauce is in a (ready for the landfill) plastic cup.

6. iowamensan macrumors 6502

I work at a school, and I'm actually looking forward to school starting tomorrow just for the school lunches. Actually, the Cheese Filled Pizza Sticks (we call them pizza dippers) aren't too bad. I know they aren't very healthy, but they are tasty. Anyway, the rest of the stuff on that page just looks disgusting.

7. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Why did you have to remind that I have to eat that gruel again in two weeks:mad:

Don

8. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

9. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

That page made me laugh so hard my gums bled (though I did just have my wisdom teeth out...)

I went to a private boarding high school with truly excellent dining hall food, but the food at my public k-8 school was grotesque. Luckily my mom provided PL's :)p) for me anytime I didn't want to eat the school food (which was every time they didn't have chicken nuggets). They option 'soup' you could get with your meal was extremely over-concentrated bullion broth with a hunk or two of cube steak (if you've never had it, don't), one piece of carrot and one piece of potato. Woof.

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

It makes me wonder why schools are permitted to sell virtually nothing but nutrient deficient overly processed garbage. How is our children learning?

11. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Reminds me of the le ol' days!

Horrible! I just pity the poor students of that school!

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Same with food served to patients at hospitals. Hospital food isn't as unhealthy, but it's not healthy, either. It's flavourless, not particularly healthy, and is the opposite of what you'd consider to be an appropriate hospital meal.

I don't know if this is the situation in other countries, but it's certainly the case in Australia. Patients even get a small plastic cup full of ice cream, and a little wooden stick to eat it with. That's the kind of thing they serve on airplanes, not hospitals. :eek:

13. alFR macrumors 68020

The answer's right there in your post. :D

(j/k)

14. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

That food isn't that bad for a school lunch, but it still looks pretty disgusting. At my old school, they used to give us chicken nuggets that were only 80% chicken :eek:...