Holys**t! RED 3k handheld&5k FF cams

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Butthead, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Butthead macrumors 6502

Butthead

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/04/14/red.at.nab.2008/

http://www.red.com/nab/scarlet

The 3k Scarlet isn't really much of a 'handheld', unless you're the Govenator, in which case why bother as the 5k FF Epic is just as much a lightweight toy in your hands, lol. Just when you thought that 50in prototype 4k res LCDTV had enough resolution for anything. Both of these are going to be a big hit with HD pr0n producers...and plastic surgeons!

I predict a Red 8k FF ultra-def cam announcement in 2010...can never have enough res ;)

Still I see not mention of any optical image stabilization, so best to lock down.

Now we're going to need another FCS update to handle the data streams :D.

If only they'd put a standard 1080p/24 2/3's sensor with OIS & 128GB SSD for a Canon, Sony or Sanyo, super thin pocket vidcam; would be the darlings of Paris and all the other celebutants. LOL, Brittany filming herself, filming her paps.

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

they look nice !

this made me giggle:D

Red ray ? come on :D
    [​IMG]

3. Future Blues macrumors member

I want to know more about RED and maybe find a discussion forum but my GoogleFu is failing me.

Anybody know where to start looking?

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

www.reduser.net

The Scarlet looks like a great B-Cam for Red One/Epic productions. I think that too many people are putting heavy stock into Scarlet being a great indie-filmmaker cam, but I don't think it lends itself to that niche very well.

Time will tell as the cam is still one year from being released.