Home and Landscaping Designer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sideonecincy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Hey,

My parents are looking for some Home and Landscaping Designer software for OS X. They found some software, but it is for Windows. They would like to find software specifically for mac so they don't have to mess with Windows.

From what I read, the options for this type of software is sorta limited. They were looking at the "Better Homes and Garden Home Designer Suite". I know Punch seems to be a pretty popular program, but it seems to get low reviews and has a high learning curve.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I was similarly interested in such a program too about a year ago and searched investigated pretty intensely- and have to admit this is one of the few times I have NOT found any acceptable OSX native programs! :( I'm sorry to hear that it appears that it is still that way now.

Wish I had some good suggestions, but afraid I'm fresh out of them! Let us all know if you do happen to discover one though!

BTW- Now that I am running Boot Camp, that Landscape Designer module for the "Better Homes and Garden Home Designer Suite" does look really good for the price. Thanks for pointing that out as I may just have to get interested in it again!

3. ViM macrumors regular

im using the trial version of conceptdraw pro with the gardening plugin, atm it seems fine for what i need it for, basic planning of the garden. However I am interested in any other mac native applications that have similar features. Any suggestions?