HomeKit Home app not controlling everything?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by H3LL5P4WN, Oct 8, 2018.

1. H3LL5P4WN, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018

H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

So this is a new one by me. Home is only able to control ecobee, not Hue or iHome while I'm on LTE. And by that I mean, it can control ecobee, but not Hue or iHome, and yet is able to read the status of Hue and iHome.

Currently installed at home:
    Apple TV 4k (12.1 beta 2)
    Apple TV 4(12.1 beta 2)
    HomePods in Stereo Pair
    Mac Mini (Mojave)

Hue lights with bridge
    iHome Smart Plug
    Ecobee3 Lite with room sensors

Currently with me:
    iPhone Xs (12.1 beta 2), iPad Pro (12.1 beta 2), Apple Watch

I am able to control my ecobee3 via the Home app (and verify in the ecobee app), however Home is suddenly unable to control my lights or smart plug, yet able to read their statuses. For example, I can turn the plug on/off in iHome or set a scene in the Hue app and Home is able to read this status change (and thus proves it's communicating with my devices, but if I try to set via Home (or even the Controller app), nothing happens.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to rebuild my entire HomeKit setup.

2. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

I don't know if this is the definitive fix, but I signed out of iCloud on both Apple TVs and back in. Upon sign in, neither had the menu option to function as the HomeKit Hub, however the 4K did eventually get it. Since then, things have been working again.