home botton on ipod touch not working PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bxvero0923, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bxvero0923 Guest

hello everybody im new here and i need a lil bit of help..or at least advisement.

this the story...

i bought my 8Gb ipod touch one week ago, i had it jailbroken and it was working perfectly. i had like 3 gams cuztomise and SummerBoard..

Yesterday da home button started acting funny but after a while it was workin again i turn it off and when i turned it back on the home botton did work at all i restore and now is not jailbroken anymore i tough this ws going to work but it did..any suggestions???

or if i take it to da apple store...would they know that i had it jailbroken?? please help

THANX IN ADVANCE

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

I'd do a restore, and bring it to the apple store.

They SHOULDN'T know that you had it jailbroken... but i'm not 100% sure...

I'd double check with another person around here.

It looks like a hardware problem you have, and unless you wanna go poking around inside your iPod, i'd let the Mac folk take care of it.

3. bxvero0923 thread starter Guest

i already restore and is back to the original firmware....i hope they dont notice:confused:

i would never open it myself..and u would really help me by asking others..thank you so much..:)

4. bensternater333 macrumors member

they dont notice... after u restore it, they cant find ANY of ur history that u ever had on the phone!
    so take it up to the store and u'll be fine... positive
    here's proof!
    i'm not lying...
    i had an iphone and it was jailbroken...
    the battery wasn't lating long at alllll...
    so i restored it and took it to the apple store and they went into the back and said that they will restore it on their computer in the back.... so i waited.....
    and then he just brought me back a new phone and said... "here u go", "just sign this paper and u will have a new iphone"!!!
    the paper basically just says that i have come back and got a new phone obviously... if that makes sense!
    it is so cool!
    they didnt even know i had it jailbroken......
    there is ur proof!!!!!!!!

5. bxvero0923 thread starter Guest

Thank you guys for helping me out I'm taking my iPod touch tomorrow to the store .....

Thanks again and wish me luck....Maibe I get a new iPod touch LOL:D

6. dark-saito macrumors regular

Same issue, different circumstances.

my home button doesn't work either but as luck would have it I took the scotch brite sponge to the back of my iPod. The serial number is legible if you try and I still have the box. I have eervice request application in and I just wanna know if the back of my iPod should hinder the chances of them giving me a replacement... I don't imagine so since this is a hardware issue... But I'd like your guy's opinion. Thanks in advance

7. Maxamillious Suspended

I experienced the same problem with my home button becoming defective and additionally, my iPod Touch experienced the "brushed metal" treatment. I called up Apple, told them that my home button was defective and they sent me a box, I sent them my iPod Touch and I received a new, refurbished iPod Touch (no longer brushed metal, it was scratch free :D) in the mail a few days later.

Apple won't complain about it being Jailbroken, or brushed metal (even if you can't read the serial number, like mine), or anything else. Tell them the home button is defective, they'll send you a box, reformat it back to factory defaults (which you should do anyway with personal contact information on there), and send it back to Apple. :)

8. h21j3 macrumors newbie

really?

hey maxamillious I have an iPod that was jailbroken on 1.1 firmware then the home button didn't work and I restored it and it still didn't work. I don't know my serial to because it's brushed up so I don't know if I have the one year warranty. Could I do what you did? I don't care if it's refurbished or not. What was that number you called? Thanx