home button a little loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ipaqman, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

so i just got my brand new week 39 iphone unlocked with 1.0.2 and noticed that the home button on the iphone is a little loose. when i move it to the side it clicks a tiny bit but wanted to know if all iphones were like that.

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

I'm on my 3rd iPhone, The 2nd one had the issue you're talking about, though I took it back for dead pixels instead. I don't remember the first having the problem, and the one I have now definitely doesn't.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I haven't experienced this with my phone. You could take it to Apple and have it shown if its bothersome.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I returned my first phone for this very reason. It wiggled a lot and drove me nuts. That said, you've returned about 63 phones now...pretty soon they're gonna put your photo on the cash registers. ;)

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

the home button is not loose on my iphone (still on my first iphone from iDay). like ivi7 said, have apple take a look at it...

6. shane1598 macrumors member

my first iphone had a nice home button, but I swapped out last week due to batter problems. The new phone home button is louder when it clicks and it is driving me nuts...

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it works, right?

i had to replace my iphone in the first week due to an issue with stuck pixels. the replacement phone had a home button that felt a little stiff. i didn't like it as much as the first phone's, but it still worked. i've gotten used to it, and i don't mind it anymore. it doesn't really sound like it's an "issue" that needs to be addressed.

8. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah no it moves the slightest bit side to side hardly noticible but i just wanted to know if everyones is like that.

thanks,
    ipaqman

9. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

10. weeman macrumors 6502

My first phone had a wobbly home button. When I would click it, it would kind of make a double click noise. Didnt bother me much but I ended up changing it for another cause my battery life was crap. Now the home button is firm but loud when I click it.

11. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah mines not that bad probably normal it clicks fine but when you slide your finger across it it moves slightly to the side and makes a faint click.

i am sure everyones is like this.

12. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

13. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Well my dead pixel has a home button:p

My home button is actually bright blue under a black light - only thing on the phone that glows in a black light (noticed this at a bar).

14. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Now that's interesting! Not the button but the blacklight bar. :)

15. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

LOL - well I imagine most people here would not be going to that type of bar (Leather Bar).

16. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

LOL I might pass as well then! I was thinking more hippy, psychedelic.
    :cool:

17. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

nope, as I said before, only my 2nd one was like this. Just a small click moving it back and forth because the button isn't snug in it's space. First and current iPhone's don't suffer(however slight the suffering) from this issue.

18. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I picked up a friend's iphone today who had jailbroken it and I wanted to check it out. I was alarmed at his home button. It felt loose, almost broken and totally annoying. Not good.

19. artemka macrumors member

Hey guys, I just had a question about home buttom. I noticed that it has the white square and I just thought if it suppose to light up at night so u can see home buttom at night when u use iPhone.

20. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

no, the home button does not light up at night, or any other time for that matter...

21. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

My Home button originally was perfect, with no movement at all. Now, however, it has the slight side-to-side movement that ya'll are talking about. It moves and clicks just ever-so-slightly.

I wonder if its worth fretting over? Everything else (i.e. black colors, pixels, speaker, etc.) works just fine.

22. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

I noticed this again with my latest iPhone today. I was out snowboarding for a few hours listening to music on the iphone and when i went into the lodge i noticed the home button seemed a but loose like my old phone.

Now that i'm home and the thing has warmed back up the button is no longer loose. So I guess the button is just easily affected by temperature; expanding when warm and contracting when cold. The miniscual differences in size must just make some buttons exhibit at warmer temperatures.

23. dsjn358 macrumors newbie

yeah my home button is a little loose too... im in australia so i cant exactly send it away... is the home button thing a problem? it works fine just the loose button, will it fall off or anything?!

24. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Wirelessly posted (8Gb iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

mines loose as well. I don't think its an issue.

25. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My week 32 iPhone...

was a bit loose; but my week 47 iPhone has been working fine. One question for (Ipaqman): How do you "move it (the home button) to the side?" :cool: