Home Button - Am I being ridiculous?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacJones, Oct 18, 2011.

1. MacJones macrumors 6502

Just picked up an iPhone 4S on Saturday and noticed that the square on the home button is slightly off with the right corner higher than the left. Can I get a new one if it has a problem like this? Should I just live with it? I bought it from the Verizon store, not the Apple store, so I don't know what the return/exchange policy is.

2. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Home Button - Am I being ridiculous?

i think you answered your own question.

(yes)

3. MacJones thread starter macrumors 6502

hahaha It's kind of annoying though and it's not like this phone was an inexpensive purchase.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah thats insane. If you take it back and get it exchanged the guys at the Apple shop will probably laugh at you after you leave, and when they get home they'll tell their families/spouses about this 'obsessive nerd who took his iPhone back because the square on the home button was a tiny bit off'. You don't wanna be that guy ;)

5. Macman45, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sheesh

If it bothers you that much, take it back..Those of us who are waiting for the 4S are becoming less exited by the minute.

I was going to do what I normally do....Buy from Apple SIM free, but My O2 contract is up next month and I get one for free as long as I stick with my data plan (which I would anyway) so I'll wait for the home button to be dead centre before I get mine:D

I treated myself to an MBP 17" instead.

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Would Apple really let a customer exchange a phone for this? Seems like absolute nonsense to me.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Apple

Having the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with (IMO) probably would....But you can imagine the comments after the OP leaves the store.

8. MacJones thread starter macrumors 6502

This made me laugh and you're probably right.

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

I had the same issue, went to the Apple Store, but they didn't want to replace it. Eventually it evened out.