home button and memory

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by agentmikeyd, Aug 14, 2011.

1. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.729; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I have noticed on my iphone 4 that when ram gets real low, the home button does not work. I check sbsettings and around 30mb remaining, it takes a few clicks to get the home button to register. After deleting some processes, it works no problem...

Others see this?

Anyone recommend any hack to allow the iphone to use storage memory as additional RAM?

Thanks

2. Hotppcchick macrumors newbie

I am testing this with sbsettings and it looks to be correct for my iPhone 4 on ATT. I thought there was an app called iMemory but I can't find it or any others- hopefully someone knows of a hack...

3. Almeuit macrumors regular

I say just close some of your stuff and you should be fine. I always close apps when I am done. I only keep the phone and messages app open in the multitasking bar. I usually hover around 250+ MB easy at all times.

4. agentmikeyd thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.729; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Thanks Almeuit, but i am hoping to find a hack - used to be one for ios 3 i am pretty sure

5. agentmikeyd thread starter macrumors member

After much more testing, i have determined that my home button non-responsiveness is directly related to signal strength. When im on a solid wifi zero issues. On att crappy 3g, thats when theres issues ...

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's probably due to the chip doing extra work to try and increase reception and processing. It sounds like simple slow down to me although I've not run into this issue on my iP4.

7. Almeuit macrumors regular

I guess it depends on strength. I have unlimited data so I am always on 3G and very very rarely on wi-fi and I never ever have this issue. Like I said close your programs, if you don't use them they don't need to be sitting in the background... And it might not even be att 3G as you put it... You might have a ton of stuff in the background using that 3G... So check yo ****