Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
FL
The Home button bug from betas 2 and 3 where single clicking the home button to close an app sometimes opens the multitasking UI, has anyone else had this same bug still present on beta 4, and if so any workarounds? Or logs? I want to send the log to Apple, but I don't know where I would find Home Button data...?

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
The Home button bug from betas 2 and 3 where single clicking the home button to close an app sometimes opens the multitasking UI, has anyone else had this same bug still present on beta 4, and if so any workarounds? Or logs? I want to send the log to Apple, but I don't know where I would find Home Button data...?

Never seen this issue on beta 3 or beta 4 (5S)

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I have never heard of that problem either... Perhaps you should make an appointment with Apple genius. Sounds like a faulty home button to me :(

Really? I only notice it on the 8.x betas since beta 2. On 7.1.2 I don't have the issue, and Apple has asked me for logs...do you happen to know where I find Home button bugs in Xcode or in the device logging system??

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Really? I only notice it on the 8.x betas since beta 2. On 7.1.2 I don't have the issue, and Apple has asked me for logs...do you happen to know where I find Home button bugs in Xcode or in the device logging system??
Diagnostic logs are located on your device under settings/privacy/diagnostic and usage data.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Try going back to iOS 7 and see if it does the same. Then you'll know it's a faulty home button.

isma713

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
Same thing is happening to me. It is actually very annoying but it is a beta. I was almost considering going to the Apple store to check my home button.
-iPhone 5

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Diagnostic logs are located on your device under settings/privacy/diagnostic and usage data.

I know that, but to clarify, I'm asking which log stores the Home Button "information" sort of speak? Like the actual name of this log?

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Yeah, I am hoping this "last" beta before GM solves this issue. I mean its my BIGGEST qualm since beta 2...

ZAPELECTRIFIED

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2014
CA, USA

Happened to me more in Beta 3 than Beta 4 but still occurs once in awhile. I know what you mean. Kinda weird. Definitely a bug.

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
I've never seen this happen on my 5 the whole time I've been on the betas or the GM...

Poxer

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
Add me to the list of iPhone 5 users with ios 8 GM with this weird home button bug. Never had the problem under ios7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.