Home button custom gesture iphone

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by metsjetsfan, Oct 22, 2011.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Does anyone know how to create a custom gesture for the home button under assesibity kinda like the 5 finger pinch on the ipad. There are things under settings for custom gestures but thinking it maybe not possible to do this on the iphone only ipad Thanks

2. TheNinjaJedi macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

3. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks think beta 3 had this but they probably figured it wasn't useful or silly in the case of 5 finger pinch. just wanted to use a custom gesture like swipe up or a circle for home screen as opposed to reaching down sometimes.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

look under General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch > and I think you go from there.

5. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

Yes this can be done. Was just playing with it and it works great. Don't even need to create a custom gesture it exists already.

6. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, can you explain how? assuming no JB or hack. Only thing i can see is to turn on assesbility features but that gives you that white dot and really takes 2 touches/clicks to hit get home button functionality so maybe not worth it.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

You have to turn on Assistive Touch then scroll down and you will see "Custom Gestures" and you can create new gestures

8. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks but how do assign home button functionality and also you still have the white dot and there is no way to toggle off "Always show menu" at least on my phone.