Home Button Damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple111115, Sep 19, 2014.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

Hi everyone, I got my gold six plus today and it is great. Quick question. Upon looking at the home button, I saw what looked like scratches. I did try to rub it off, and it looks much better now. Maybe glue? I am just hoping it won't effect the touch ID in the future. Any of you see any suspicious home buttons? LOL

2. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

My home button matches the rest of the black glass around it. flat and glossy. Gotta say it's weird not seeing the square on the button anymore

RIP
    [​IMG]

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Home button is made from sapphire. Unless you are gonna scratch it with a diamond. It ain't never gonna scratch. Same goes for the camera lense.

4. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, that's good to know. Must have been glue! Thanks

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

No worries.

6. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

I had the same thing. I thought the home button was somehow scratched too but it was a smudge of something. It came off but caught me off guard like...."nooooo!!! Oh wait it's coming off "

7. skyperbon macrumors regular

Got the new iPhone 6. I was about to start a thread asking if the home button gets scratched, but thought I better search for it first. Thanks for clearing that. :)

Had an iPhone 5 previously, so no Touch ID.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Yep. They had to use sapphire to be 100% sure the Touch ID would work. If the home button were to scratch, it would mean the Touch ID wouldn't ever work properly again.