Home button delay

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UnLiMiTeD558, Jan 17, 2010.

1. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

I noticed between me and my buddies phone that there's a half second delay between the two. Opens apps the same speed and everything else, just when I click the home button to close there's a delay before it does something. Anybody else notice this compared to earlier model 3gs

He got his when they were first released and I got mine 2 weeks ago

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Do you have triple click for Voiceover turned on in Accessibility? I've always sensed a delay when I have that enabled.

3. funrush macrumors regular

Is your iPhone jailbroken? Do you run Winterboard? If so, that's the problem.

If that's not the case, try restoring your phone.

4. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502

triple click is the white and black setting and the phone is brand new

wierd, under general and home settings, when i changed the double click to home instead of phone favorites, it got rid of the delay lol

Disabling the triple click made it instant now

Did someone else wanna try doin this to see if their phone does it? Disabled triple tap and have double tap set to home

5. vladman macrumors newbie

Disabling the triple click seems to have fixed this for me! This was annoying me for months, and I haven't been able to find a fix for this.

Still, pressing the home button doesn't seem to respond instantly, but definitely faster than before. I used to have about a 1-sec delay, and now it seems like 0.1 or 0.2 second delay, or perhaps this is just how it normally is, and I'm imagining the very short delay. In any case, much better than before, thanks for the tip!

6. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

wow dude thanks...that was getting really annoying.

7. Nick2021 macrumors newbie

As a developer I imagine the software is waiting a bit longer to close the app as it is waiting for you to triple click.