Home Button Doesnt Wor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IKBest, May 16, 2012.

1. IKBest macrumors member

My iPhone 4's Home Button inconsistently works, sometimes it will and other times it wont, for upwards of an hour. Whenever i want to take it to the apple store, it will start working again :confused: Suggestions? work*

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

If it's under warranty back up your phone and take it to the Genius Bar at a local Apple Store.

If you're off of warranty go to

Settings> General> Accessibility > and turn on Assistive Touch which gives you a touch HUD for the home button and more.

3. EliCsuf macrumors member

Do what nuckinfutz suggested. I got mine replaced about a month ago because of the home button. It was under warranty (had 5 days left). I did not say anything outrages. He just replaced it with a new one.

4. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

If it's under warranty, I believe Apple will replace the home button. (Or give you a replacement phone.) If it isn't, you might want to look into independent repair shops. I had my home button replaced for $50 at one of these places.

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

If you have warranty they'll take your word for it even if the button starts working at the Apple Store. They'll replace it for you for free or if you're out of warranty it'll be $149.99 for an iPhone 4 and $199.99 for a 4S.

^ Or like this guy said you can get it fixed for around 40 bucks!