Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lmtfi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
My iPhone 6 Plus home button had a double-click thing going on. I don't know why, it's a two month old phone. If I put my finger on it gently, it'd click. Then obviously click again when I physically pushed it.

Try this fix:

Put rubbing alcohol on your finger, and push the home button down with the finger that has the alcohol on it. Rub your finger in a circular motion while the home button is still pushed, allowing the rubbing alcohol to get to the button.

Your button should be back to normal.

I take no credit for the video.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhjIZgTCx8

Last edited:

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
My iPhone 6 Plus home button had a double-click thing going on. I don't know why, it's a two month old phone. If I put my finger on it gently, it'd click. Then obviously click again when I physically pushed it.

Try this fix:

Put rubbing alcohol on your finger, and push the home button down with the finger that has the alcohol on it. Rub your finger in a circular motion while the home button is still pushed, allowing the rubbing alcohol to get to the button.

VIDEO:

Just bring it to the Apple Store why this home solution

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

Try this fix:

VIDEO:

This is exactly what I did a week ago to fix the home button. It has been good so far.

lmtfi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014

Not everyone has Apple stores in their vicinity.

My Apple Store is 20 minutes away - given the traffic, 40. Waste of gas, and time for sort of a small issue that can be fixed with this.

Savior13

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014

Try this fix:

VIDEO:

I had to make an account just to thank you! I was wondering if this was normal. I have just the 6, and it seems like it's a problem/ issue with these too.
Hopefully the double clicking stops 'cause it's annoying.

----------

I was thinking of doing this, but for some reason I felt like they were not going to help me, or replace/ fix it just cus of the double clicking Home Button. I just jumped into the Apple band wagon ( loving it so far... never going back to a PC, or Android), so i don't know how good their customer service is.

kaiii01

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2016

Try this fix:

VIDEO:

doesn't work. Ill try but it makes worst
[doublepost=1463674913][/doublepost]what can i do now?

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
I do the alcohol rub on the home button on my 5s about once a month or so. Keeps it running like a champ!:)

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
I called Apple's support line about my home button double-clicking. The rep I spoke with (I think her name was Amber) told me it was a feature.

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.