Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack of Plaid

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
I've done this numerous times and it doesn't seem to have helped with my iPhone 4. I'm out of warranty and not comfortable pulling my phone apart so I'm at a loss on what to do. :(

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Fingers, I wouldnt strike it against a hard object.

I actually do tap against the table...but I've padded the table first with a towel, and I'm very careful not to tap too hard. Do so at your own risk, obviously.

I've done this numerous times and it doesn't seem to have helped with my iPhone 4. I'm out of warranty and not comfortable pulling my phone apart so I'm at a loss on what to do. :(

Honestly, if this isn't working for you, then warranty or not, you probably need to take it in to Apple & see what they can do for you. This isn't a problem that goes away on its own. Maybe they'll offer to clean it/test it in some fashion, maybe they'll offer a free replacement, maybe they'll tell you "too bad" and offer the $149 out of warranty replacement. They're not consistent with their response to the problem, so there's just no way to tell until you go in and ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.