Home Button Inop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by avian100, Feb 18, 2011.

1. avian100, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

avian100 macrumors newbie

I just disassembled my 3G to replace the back cover now the home button is inop any suggestions?? I don't think i missed anything have done this before without any issues. Is there a way to do a hard reboot without holding home and power at the same time cause I can't hold home at all ? The phone has been water damaged in the past but been working fine for a long time since it dried. DAMN

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Bend contacts on home button to make better contact with ringer, change home button, change ringer assembly, check circuit board for damage.

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

if it's been jailbroken, you can get an app to provide home button functionality on screen.

if it hasnt been, then no use since you need the home button to put it in DFU mode during the jailbreaking process.

since u messed with it, just reverse what you did and inspect all of your connections.

4. avian100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help guys it was the home button itself wouldn't close circuit when pressed checked it with a meter, got one on order Thanks for the help and info about screen home button where can you get that?