Home Button iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pennyrulor, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Pennyrulor macrumors newbie

Whenever I press the home button right in the middle, I hear a "sticky" like sound. When I press the button a bit at the edges there is no "click" sound. I just wanted to know if it's normal or if anyone else has this problem?.

2. TW95 macrumors member

I can hear a sort of clicky and sticky sound on mine.

I think it's normal.

But... have you spilt anything on your phone, such as syrup :eek: or water or anything really.

But I think it is probably normal. :)

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Mines like that sometimes. Notice the word sometimes - it's really weird but I could keep pressing it all day long, and only on a few occasions can I feel the 'sticky' feeling.

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

That clicking sound that you hear is normal. Mine just has a very slight click wnen pressed directly in the middle, it does not feel sticky though.

5. Pennyrulor thread starter macrumors newbie

No i did not spilt anything about it :).
    It was just because on my iPad the home button always sounds like a "click" no matter where i press it. On my iPhone the button just makes this "click" sound when i hit the button right in the middle, if i hit the button at the edges and not at the center it does not make any sound.