Home button is sketchy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Altimax98, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

I love my new iPad. It's my first apple product and I'm generally happy with it. I've got no screen bleed, a perfectly temp'd screen with no hot or warm spots.

But................

Today I'm playing smash cops (love it) and I tap to go home and it doesn't work. I tap it a bunch of times and it doesn't work. I tap it again and it brings me home. Ive rebooted and it's still an issue. It seems intermittent. If I tap it real fast it may not activate the home key but it may do the triple click motion...

It kinda sucks because I don't want to turn it in and maybe get a messed up screen. The gestures on iOS 5 are fantastic, between swipe up 4 finger and 4 finger grab motion i don't really need the home button, but should I get it replaced?

I bought it at bestbuy, can I replace it at the apple store with an appointment?

Thanks guys

2. Apple951 macrumors newbie

Apple951

You payed for it, might as well replace it. Apple store will work fine.

3. Mk4Jetta macrumors newbie

I would take it back, my iPhone has the same issue and it annoys the hell out of me. Chances are you will get another good screen. Even if you do get a bad one you can just exchange it again. Just make an appointment at the apple store and they will want reproduce the problem. If they see it happen they will give you a new one.

4. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Exchange it, i had the same problem on my iPhone and got a new one. It feels so damn good. :D

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Take it back...Unfortunately the home button is the weak link in both the iPad and the iPhone, and if you are not happy with the screen on the replacement check it in store, preferably in a dark area where you can see what's what.

That button will only get worse over time I'm afraid, so best to swap it out now.

6. dantay macrumors regular

dantay

Can you return it to bestbuy? They should give you a brand new one in retail packaging. If you take it to apple you'll get a brown box refurbished model and your serial number wont tie up with your packaging etc. If you wanna sell it in the future its best everything matches up in my opinion! :)