home button issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrpspead, Nov 7, 2010.

1. wrpspead macrumors newbie

For about the last week I have been noticing the home button on my iphone 4 randomly acting a little quirky. It seems that sometimes, but not always, pressing the home button once, and only once, will activate the multi-tasking function.

I ignored this the first few times it happened. Then I started taking note of how I was pressing the button. But i didn't notice anything different.

I cannot seem to duplicate this phenomena with any consistency. I have tried pressing the home button for different lengths of time and also pressing down more on various parts of the button. Sometimes the multi-tasking menu comes up, sometimes it doesn't.

I have searched various forums for info related to or similar to mine. Yet I didn't come up with anything.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or does anyone have any advice as to a course of possible correction?

I have restarted the phone several times and have restarted the network settings once. I have yet to try a system sync and restore.

2. xyz1534 macrumors regular

3. Koufax80 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I had a similar issue. Think it started when I put on a screen protector and some of the solution got in there. Took it to the apple store yesterday, guy played with it for 5 seconds and said he'd exchange it. Gave me a new one, no questions asked.

4. wrpspead thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that thread link! Great to know I'm not seeing things. After reading that entire thread I think I will just stick with my phone the way it is. It's not jailbroken, never has been. Never has had water, or any liquid, on it. It's not a refurb, I've had it since the launch. I keep it in an Otterbox and clean it periodically with q-tips and a microfiber cloth. Never had an antenna issue or a yellow screen. And this little glitch cropped up well after the 4.1 download. But it's not 1,000 times a day. More like maybe a dozen. I can live with that.

and who knows, maybe, just maybe, 4.2 might have a solution...

Thanks again!