Home Button Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by designsynergy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. designsynergy macrumors newbie

Good Morning All,

I did a quick search on this and didn't see any matching threads, so I figured I would post and see if anybody might also be experiencing what I am.

First of all, picked my iPhone up on launch day and I love it. This is my first smartphone and it has a few shortcomings, but nothing that can't easily be fixed with a software update.

Anyway, my issue is that my Home button doesn't seem to be as responsive as it was when I first got my iPhone. 70% of the time I press the Home button and it takes me to the home screen. However, about 30% of the time I have to hit the Home button multiple times - up to 4 to get it to go back to the Home screen.

I played with it to see if there is anything I am doing that might actually be causing it to hang (i.e. transfering data, etc), but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Anybody else have this issue? I am thinking of going and having it looked at at an Apple store, but I thought I would check with the masses to see what people think.

Thanks!

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Have you tried turning the phone off and back on?
    I have noticed a slowdown too after a week or so of operation.

3. designsynergy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Well maybe it's time to take it to an Apple store.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user