Home Button Jammed- What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fazzl, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Ive had every iPhone so far and have had my iPhone 4 since release day. Over time ive noticed the home button has gotten more and more messed up. Like it doesn't respond all the time. I have to click it like 4 times sometimes to turn on my screen. And when i double click for mutlitasking bar it goes to home, etc.

I took it to genius bar a few weeks ago and the lady said it was working fine in front of her and the software test said whatsapp might be messing it up and its not hardware related because it only happens sometimes. She told me to restore phone from scratch and i did so but problem is still there.

any ideas?

2. occams razor macrumors regular

keep going back to the genius bar. Every time you go make sure to get a case ID#. They have a tendency to screw over Iphone users and want you to pay the 199 for a new one.

3. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Yeah go back and tell them you've done that and the problem persists

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with all the people who go in to get exchanges because of the most anal-retentive things - or worse - things they've done to the phone which they claim they didn't. I can't imagine WHY Apple would scrutinize a claim ;)

5. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Get a black home button off Amazon for a few dollars. Here is a link. Yeah, Apple likes to screw people over sometimes, but most of the time the employees are pretty generous.

iPhone 4 home button - Amazon.

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I certainly would not open a phone under warranty for a legit problem, book another appointment and restate your case.

7. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

they should replace it for free...happened to my friend

8. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Wait, so did they replace it for free?