Home Button & Microphone not working - Help appreciated!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Froost, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Froost macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

I am totally new to this forum, but I hope you can help me anyways!

Some time ago, I bought an old iPhone 3GS from a friend. It was not in a very good condition so I ordered a new back plate, with all new buttons, battery, vibrator, microphone and so on. I changed it and my iPhone was fine for a while, untill I dropped it and broke the screen, which went into the "white screen of doom mode" or whatever you guys call it. I bought a new screen, replaced it and now the home button only works sometimes, same for the microphone. It usually helps to pop the screen up and back down, but then after a while it stops working. I can't charge or connect it to my computer either, so I guess theres something really wrong with the bottom part of the phone..

Is there something you think I can do to fix it, cause I have used quite alot of money on this phone and don't feel like ordering a whole new back panel when it should be as good as new.

Ps: I have the old back panel which I guess I could take some spare parts from if needed.

Thanks in advance for reading this!

2. Apple Techs macrumors member

for the home button there are two pins that make contact with the dock they are copper in color

bend the pins out to make better contact

also make sure the dock connector is properly seated to the board