Home button not flush after white conversion

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sumsh, May 3, 2011.

1. sumsh macrumors newbie

I ordered a white iPhone 4 conversion kit from www.iphone4parts.com because it's on sale for $109.00. Before ordering, I emailed them and asked about the quality of their parts. Here is their response: "All our parts are made from the highest quality materials to OEM specs." I made the switch last night, and now I have two problems. First, the home button does not sit flush with the rest of the glass. It's raised up just a bit. Actually, the white plastic that surrounds the outside of the front glass is raised up a bit too, making me thing the glass is actually too thin. Second, the proximity sensor plain doesn't work anymore. The screen will not turn off during a call no matter how much I cover the sensor. So, my question is, did I do something wrong during installation, or do I just have defective parts?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would suggest emailing the company and discussing it with them. It's in there interest to help you have a quality product or at least it should be. if they don't respond or try to help you then I think you have your answer.

3. sumsh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Yeah I've emailed them already and haven't heard back. I used Google checkout, and they've been very helpful in the past resolving disputes, so if it comes to that, at least I'll have some good help.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sadly sounds like you have your answer. Maybe somebody here bought from them and will chime in. Throw some pics up lets see what you are dealing with. if you paid via paypal or Credit card you could dispute the quality. At least that will get there attention.