Home Button Options Gone- Do you use tripple press?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tdmac, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tdmac macrumors 6502

Uunder iPhone OS3, you had the option to set the double click, in the accessibility settings to various options like Phone favorites. Of course under iOS4, the double click brings up the multitasking task menu. However, this came at the expense of a usefull feature.

I was able to get into my phone favorites with a double button press instead of clicking home, pressing phone book and then pressing favorites.

There was an option under iPhone OS3 and iOS4 for a tripple click. But these are still the same limited options. Why didn't they just add the ability to set it here then to what you want. I'm sure most people don't use the tripple click.

Unless there is another setting I am missing to allow you to quickly bring up phone favorites or another program, etc.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, it's one of the drawbacks of iOS 4, unfortunately. Hopefully, it'll return in an update in some form.

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I hope they release an update to allow us to open our favorite app when we triple click. Under iOS 3, I always had double-click to open up the camera app. Was very useful when I wanted to grap a quick snapshot...

Now triple-click is only useful for accessibility. :\

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Same here. I wouldn't mind double click and hold that was in the beta of iOS4.

5. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Hmm.. I had the beta and I wasn't even aware of that feature. I hope they bring that back then!

6. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Triple-click is for universal access. They'd have to do something else, e.g. double-click and hold, which was in the beta builds of 4.0 and I don't know why they took it out.

8. Skinfaxi macrumors member

Just checked out the triple click options. Never seen the "white on black" option before.

9. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

I said the same thing, but even thought it's an extra step, you can still get to it by double clicking home, then swipe once to the right. I did notice on the lock screen that double click still brings up iPod controls...

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Never had a beta, but I read it was in the early betas and hasn't worked since beta 3 or 4.

11. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Yeah. I really just hope they don't wait until iOS 4.1 to put the feature back in.

12. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

Wait, this thing has a phone feature??? :eek: