Home Button: Original iPhone VS iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlin615, Dec 28, 2008.

1. jlin615 macrumors regular

Hello. I've been using the original iPhone for about 1.5 years and today finally picked up a iPhone 3G. I notice on the 3G's home button do not have a "clicking feel" when you press on it, just feels really soft. Where as my original iPhone does get a clicking feel whenever I press on it.

Any of you owned both generations of iPhones noticed this? Is this normal on my new 3G?

2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

My original and 3G have the same feel, a click.

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Here is a thread from a few weeks ago that talks about this. Maybe you will find something useful here.

4. jlin615 thread starter macrumors regular

I mean the my 3G's button functions perfect, the button press feels much softer compare to the original iphone.

5. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

They're the same.....however, like any electronic device... even if 2 devices are made the same it doesn't mean that a spring or plastic groove on one is going to be the same as the other one.

6. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I know what you're getting at because I've noticed a difference between the hardness of clicking on the 5th gen iPod and the 5.5 gen iPod. The 5.5 gen iPod is much softer.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I too know what you're talking about.
    I noticed this in the difference of pressing the home button between the 1G and 2G iPod touch.

8. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

my edge's button was lose and could be wiggled around. my 3G has a firm button.

imo, just the difference in the manufacturing of the two rather than any design differences.