Home button pretty much presses itself.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hchello, Jul 12, 2010.

1. hchello macrumors newbie

So what seems to be happening is my iphone is kind of acting by itself. Mainly it's the home button, like when I have it locked the screen lights up, or it exits applications, or switches between the home screen and the search screen.

It also showed the 'this accessory is not made to work with iphone, would you like to turn on aeroplane mode etc' message once, and a couple of times the screen has gone dark (but not black) while I've been using it.

Bear in mind this is all in the last.. 45 minutes. I tried resetting it, and also cleaning out the port at the bottom. I'm not sure what else I should do, any advice?

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's a 3G.

2. hchello thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it's all gotten even worse now.

I tried to restore it from itunes (twice) and after doing it, I was told wait and it'll appear. Itunes then told me that an iphone in recovery mode had been detected and I would have to restore it to use it. Except that's.. what I just did. So I don't understand at all now.

3. awesomator macrumors regular

Try doing the refresh turn off where you hold the home button and lock button for like 10 seconds. That always fixes problrms like this for me.

4. hchello thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry man, should have clarified that was what I meant by 'resetting' it. Now my main problem is that I have an iphone stuck in recovery mode.. totally unusable.

5. lilaznzoul macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch 3G 32Gigs does the same.
    It's jailbroken, and for some reason, the home button goes REALLLY REALLY crazy when I move the iPod around, such as putting it in my pocket, holding it, simply touching it. Anything will make it go crazy. I haven't found a way to fix it. This ipod is a replacement for my screwed up ipod. I read on another forum that another person had the same thing happen. Got a replacement iPod after his original ipod broke, and his replacement had the same problem. I think the Apple factory is running low on the good employees or something.