Home button problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Plonk, May 29, 2011.

1. Plonk macrumors newbie

Plonk

Hi guys, I have looked through 5 pages on here to see if I can see if anyone who has had a similar problem but cant so please excuse if it has been asked.
    My daughters gen4, we have to press the home button up to 5 times sometimes for the screen to light up. Does anyone have a solution for this?

2. Code.Red macrumors regular

Does this only happen after putting it to sleep, or do you also need to press it several times to quit out of apps?

3. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Try a software update and/or a fresh install of the OS. My iPod was acting the same way for months, but the most recent software update seems to have set it back straight. However, my old iPod 1st generation was doing the same thing until the home button finally stopped working. It could be any number of things, but try a software update, then fresh install first.

4. Plonk thread starter macrumors newbie

Plonk

When it is in sleep mode

5. Plonk thread starter macrumors newbie

Plonk

We tried the software update/ fresh install. And it still does it. Do you think giving apple a call. Just worried that we might be without it for a fair few weeks if it gets sent off.:(

6. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Hey, but I think you still need to solve this problem, so it's better to send back to repair as soon as possible.

7. Farley7 macrumors newbie

This happened to me. I tried software update and restore, and I had no luck. I took the device to Apple, and they gave me a new one.

8. Plonk thread starter macrumors newbie

Plonk

Thanx guys for trying to help me out. I will give apple a call.